Thursday, March 26, 2015

Addison Gandy House

Climbing a fence
With a gun
Can give a hole
And not much fun.



     I cant wait for my ninth trip back in time. Every time it is so exciting. I am going to go to the Addison Gandy house. I inputted the date 1892 and the machine started to work it's magic. There was a big explosion and there I was in front of another wooden white house, on a two acre lot.
    
     The Addison Gandy house was built for Martha Gandy in 1892. It was built by Robert and John Martin. The wood trimming was done by a German painter named, Mr. Patch. He always left a portrait of himself as a signature. The house was given to the Montgomery Historical Society in July,1997.
  
    It is said that a resident named, Bo Addison, went rabbit hunting and when he was climbing the fence with his gun he shot himself. Somehow, he lived to be 84 years old, which was one of Montgomery's miracles.




    

No comments:

Post a Comment