Thursday, March 26, 2015

Olde School House

Not so many years ago
Schools were black and white
Find the Dobbin landmark 
Moved to this new site.

     Wow, I cant believe it I now own a time machine! I will be able to finish my project very quickly.
     My next stop is the Olde School House. I jumped into my time machine and put in the date 1920 when the school was built. The machine started galloping faster and faster until there was a bright flash of light. Again, I found myself back in early Montgomery, in front of the Olde School House.

     It was originally a school for african-american children in the city of, Dobbin. There has been rumors of an old principal haunting the school but no one knows for sure. It was a school until 1965, but closed due to government irrigation regulations. Even after the school closed it remained in Dobbin until 1995 when it was later moved to Montgomery. The school had to be cut in half to be moved. Most of the main  features are still there like the raised stage and the closet-sized library even though half of the 18 large windows had to be rebuilt.

     The School is now an antique shop located off of 105 and currently owned by John "cotton" & Bea Rouse.

Front of the school


Back of the building


Raised stage

 


No comments:

Post a Comment